If there was ever a city that embraced the power of the individual, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion, it was San Francisco. This city celebrates each person for who they are, and there might even be a festival, or parade in celebration of YOU!
This last weekend, San Francisco celebrated Gay Pride, in a big way. What felt like everyone in this fabulous city rushed to the Castro to get in on the fun. This weekend, I realized possibly for the one thousandth time, that this city, is the city of love! And I am in LOVE with this city!!
My best friends were here to celebrate it with me. It was Whitney's last weekend here in SF before she officially moved back to SoCal. Lauren and Jenny came up Friday morning, and I have missed them so much. The three of us somehow ended up in the Haight. And then Taylor came up Saturday and the real Pride party began! Running through the streets of San Francisco with the girls I love the most, it was AMAZING!!! There is something to be said about having a girls night where you laugh until you cry. It is an entirly different thing to have a girls night with 30,000 other people around you! Either way it was FANTASTIC!!!!
Now, Lauren and Jenny and Taylor and Whitney are gone, but my love for San Francisco is still growing. Me and Kate are going to make sure that we love this city enough for all of them while they are away!
The winds are a changin' in these here parts of the Sunset... I can feel something new brewing just out at the beach and it is coming my way, and I am so excited!!! What ever San Francisco has to dish out, I am ready to take on!!
<3
The Brunette
No comments:
Post a Comment