Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Philosophy of Truth

So I am sitting here, trying to study for my Philosophy mid-term and I am trying to memorize all these so-called "truth theories." Pragmatism, Correspondence, coherence, blah, blah, blah... What the hell is truth anyways?

I have read endless definitions for these models and I still don't agree with any of these long, drawn out descriptions of what it means for something to be true. I mean honestly, I feel like there is no such thing as the truth. Why does something as simple as 'truth' need paragraphs upon paragraphs describing whether or not this simple thing is valid.

Who are we to decide what is true anyways? As humans, we over analyze everything that is placed in front of us, rather than taking things at face value. By giving truth more value than it deserves, we are also giving dishonest more value.

Philosophy just confuses me, but I am a gluten for the punishment!

<3
The Brunette

No comments:

Post a Comment